Preserving the environment and keeping our air clean and safe are fundamental to protecting human health and preserving our planet’s future. At Chemviron, we offer a broad range of solutions to help the world breathe easier by removing harmful contaminants and odours that would otherwise be released into the environment.
Purification of Air with Activated Carbon Technology
Many industrial, manufacturing or waste recycling sites can release VOCs, solvents, or odours such as Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) into the air from handling, transfer, and process operations.
Remediation of contaminated sites often also generates similar unpleasant or hazardous airborne pollutants from soil vapour extraction, soil venting or air stripping. As many are detrimental to health such as PFAS, these emissions to the air are often regulated with strict local and national emission limits.
Adsorption onto activated carbon is an efficient and cost-effective solution to remove a wide variety of these airborne contaminants to below the required emission limits. Chemviron’s activated carbon technology is reliable, simple, and has proven to be effective for many years.
Contact our dedicated technical services team to discuss potential treatment solutions.
Why choose Chemviron as your Solutions Provider?
For over 80 years, Chemviron developed industry-leading expertise in VOC and solvent abatement through designing and manufacturing activated carbon adsorption systems for solvent recovery plants. These systems were provided to a wide range of companies in the chemical, pharmaceutical, printing, coating, and packaging sectors.
It is this longstanding expertise and understanding of customer needs that led Chemviron to the development of the innovative and flexible CYCLEVENT® mobile carbon filter service, which is available on a lease basis, avoiding expensive capital investments.
Chemviron provides a complete package for an end of pipe air purification solution which include:
- Technical support to advise on the appropriate activated carbon and service solution for the application – contact a representative to find out more.
- Mobile carbon filters from the extensive CYCLEVENT® fleet, as many as required for your site needs, promptly delivered, and easily installed on-site for immediate use.
- The provision of a high-quality activated carbon, supplied by our Company, the world’s largest producer of activated carbons and selected for your application, is prefilled into the mobile carbon filter.
- Replacement of the used carbon filter with a fresh unit, removing the need for exchange of spent carbon on-site
- This spent carbon can be returned, in most cases, to one of Chemviron’s recycling facilities for reactivation and for reuse.
How is Chemviron Sustainable?
Chemviron is the world’s largest recycler (or reactivator) of activated carbons and has carbon recycling facilities across Europe. The company’s continued commitment to expanding its reactivation capabilities has enabled Chemviron to develop state-of-the-art processes to recycle activated carbons, reducing the impact of our CO2 footprint.
Through the development of comprehensive in-house operational expertise, the carbon is then thermally recycled or reactivated via one of Chemviron’s custom designed carbon reactivation furnaces. These furnaces enable Chemviron's engineers to have high control over the process operations to enable the destruction of the adsorbed contaminants, while restoring the spent carbon to a reusable state.
Combining reactivation with Chemviron’s specially designed and high-quality activated carbons, customers can benefit from a cost-effective and sustainable purification solution.