Mobile Adsorption Systems
As the demand intensifies for all industries to cut costs, Chemviron can provide the perfect solution. By opting for our mobile adsorption service, significant cost savings can be made on capital equipment, process, waste disposal and labour. The units are combined transport vessels and adsorbers, which avoids any on-site carbon handling. The units are easily installed and simple to operate and, if required, our Field Service and Application Engineers are available to support on-site activities.
The activated carbon filters come in a range of sizes from 20 litres (widely used as pilot equipment) to 20m3 with liquid phase CYCLESORB® and gas/air phase CYCLEVENT®units available.
- No investment cost
- Zero-waste solution for most applications
- Combined transport vessels and carbon filters
- Simple installation and operation
- No on-site handling of activated carbon
- Efficient large scale pilot installation
- Rapid delivery
- Dedicated units for 'food & drinking water' or 'industrial & environmental' applications
- Suitable for emergency or 'peak' treatment situations
- Custom Designed SystemsWhere custom designed equipment is required or the economics favour investment, Chemviron also provides a range of fixed adsorbers. The PTUs (Potable Treatment Units) range in size from 2m3 to 40m3 per adsorber, and larger units can be produced as required. They are constructed to the relevant EU standards and can be customised to meet any specific customer requirements. In addition to the PTUs, we also design and supply fixed systems for waste water, food and air/gas applications, again all designed to meet specific process and customer requirements.
- Small Equipment - "Protect" Liquid and Gas Phase AdsorbersChemviron supply a range of smaller equipment, available to purchase, suitable for lower flow volumes or areas where space is restricted. This range includes liquid and gas phase carbon filters manufactured from polyethylene, stainless steel and lined carbon steel.
- On-Site ServicesChemviron offer a range of on-site Field Service support activities for the removal of spent carbon and the delivery and installation of replacement virgin or reactivated carbon. We can also offer a range of other services, including start-up assistance, customer training, adsorber inspection and maintenance of customer’s mobile carbon filters.
The CYCLEVENT® range of mobile adsorbers are designed as a combination of transport vessel and adsorber for air and gas phase applications, principally VOC Removal from industrial and biogasinstallations. This eliminates the requirement for on-site exchange of activated carbon. These units are supplied on a full service (or rental) basis which gives the flexibility for short term problems or as a preliminary system until a dedicated system is installed. Individual units can treat up to 20,000m³/h.
The benefits of the CYCLEVENT® service include:
- Simple installation and operation
- Rapid installation
- Low capital expense
- No on-site carbon handling
The CYCLESORB® Service is a mobile adsorption service combining adsorber and transport vessel for the treatment of liquid streams.
The CYCLESORB® units are pre-loaded with carbon and delivered to a site. The unit is operated until saturation of the activated carbon. A second unit is then delivered at the same time that the exhausted unit is picked to minimise transport.
Once the unit is returned to a Chemviron facility it is discharged of spent carbon, cleaned, checked and refilled with virgin or reactivated carbon.
The CYCLESORB® units come complete with piping, valves and connections suitable for immediate connection to the stream to be treated. The frame for the unit allows it to be placed on a suitable flat and hard surface.The liquid is pumped through the units in a down flow direction. The outlet should be monitored periodically to check the activated carbon is achieving the treatment objective by regularly taking samples.
The benefits of this service include:
- Simple installation and operation - The units are designed for connection with flexible hosing and come with the activated carbon installed. No carbon handling is required as the unit is simply exchanged.
- Rapid installation - CYCLESORB® units are normally available from inventory, ready for immediate startup and operation.
- Low capital expense - CYCLESORB® units are supplied on a service (rental) basis requiring no capital expenditure.
- Partnership - Chemviron supply both the system and reactivation service and therefore have a vested interest to ensure the system fully meets the requirements.
CYCLESORB® HP1 and HP2
The CYCLESORB® HP1 and HP2 Service is a mobile adsorption service combining adsorber and transport vessel for the treatment of non-corrosive liquid streams. These units can be manoeuvred on site by forklift. The HP1 is specially designed for areas where the accessibility is a constraint or for pilot testing. For larger flows or duties, a number of units can be used in parallel or series, or if there is sufficient room then a CYCLESORB® MA20 could be used.
CYCLESORB® HP1 and HP2 Applications
- Chemical purification, provided stainless steel is suitable.
- Groundwater remediation and waste water treatment with low chloride, provided stainless steel is suitable.
The CYCLESORB® MA2 Service is a mobile adsorption service combining adsorber and transport vessel. The units are manufactured from lined carbon steel making them suitable for the treatment of corrosive liquid streams.
For larger flows or duties, a number of units can be used in parallel or series, or if there is sufficient room then a modified CYCLESORB® MA20 could be used.
CYCLESORB® MA2 Applications
- Hydrochloric acid purification
- Aluminium chloride purification
- Chemical purification
- Waste water treatment
- Groundwater remediation with high chloride content.
The CYCLESORB® MA20 Service is a mobile adsorption service combining adsorber and transport vessel for the treatment of non-corrosive, and with modifications, corrosive liquid streams. The MA20 unit is delivered on a specially designed trailer.
The liquid is pumped through the unit in a downflow direction. The process outlet of the unit is directed to above the height of the activated carbon bed with a siphon break at the top. This prevents the vessel draining down when flow is stopped.
For larger flows or duties, a number of units can be used in parallel or series.
CYCLESORB® MA20 and MA20E Applications
- Industrial waste water treatment
- Landfill leachate treatment
- Groundwater remediation
- Hydrochloric acid and aluminium chloride purification1
1 For these liquids, a special unit is required and must be specified.
- Drinking water treatment
- Food products
- Food grade units are kept in a separate pool to avoid any risk of contamination.
MINICYCLESORB® MS20 and MS200 - 20 litre and 200 litre stainless steel pressure rated adsorbers, ideal for pilot trials or very small applications.
CYCLESORB® Range Specification Summary
|Max. Flow Rates|
|MA2||Lined Steel + PP||2||12||5.0|
|MA20||Lined Steel + PPor316L Stain. Steel||20||80*|
* see Sales Bulletin
|3.0 or 5.0|
The DISPOSORBTM and MINIDISPOSORBTM vessels are small disposable granular activated carbon adsorbers designed to be used as liquid phase pilot units for the removal of colour, taste, odour and pesticides in industrial purification and municipal applications. The units can also be utilised for small flow applications common in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
|Materials of Construction|
The PROTECT L50 has been designed for pilot testing or small scale applications at high pressures and can also be used for corrosive liquids including waste waters not suitable to be treated in stainless steel adsorbers.
PROTECT VENTSORB® 60
The PROTECT VENTSORB® 60 is simple activated carbon adsorber designed for treatment of air and gases for a range of applications.
The PROTECT VENTSORB® 60 is effective at purifying air streams with relatively low concentrations of Volatile Organic Carbons (VOCs) as well as odour forming and corrosive compounds.
The unit is preloaded with activated carbon for the specific application and is ready for immediate connection and start up.
|PROTECT VENTSORB 60||200||0.5||50||250||Lined carbon steel drum; Stainless steel|
PROTECT VENTSORB® 70, 90 and 120
The PROTECT VENTSORB® units are a range of activated carbon adsorbers designed for treatment of air and gases for a range of applications. They can be delivered as a standard or regenerable option – for CENTAUR®.
The PROTECT VENTSORB® carbon filters are effective at purifying air streams with relatively low concentrations of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) as well as odour-forming and corrosive compounds.
The air or gas flows through the unit in an upflow direction and the unit is normally utilised as the end-of-pipe treatment. The outlet should be monitored periodically to check the activated carbon is achieving the treatment objective. For larger flows or duties, a number of units can be used in parallel.
|PROTECT VENTSORB 70||300||0.04||65||600||Polyethylene|
|PROTECT VENTSORB 90||750||0.04||65||1100||Polyethylene|
|PROTECT VENTSORB 120||1500||0.04||65||1800||Polyethylene|
The PTU (Potable Treatment Unit) range of modular pressure adsorbers are designed specially for drinking water treatment. Individual units contain up to 40m³ of FILTRASORB® type granular activated carbon and can treat from 30 to 250m³/h depending on the application. Multiple units have been installed to treat over 30,000m³/day. The PTUrange is designed for simple installation and subsequent removal of granular activated carbon for reactivation. All materials and products comply with the relevant drinking water regulations. PTUsystems have been installed at over 40 water works in the United Kingdom, Benelux and Scandinavia.