Activated carbons remove contaminants and impurities such as color and odor from sweeteners, food liquids, syrups, beverages, glycerine, and amino and organic acids.
Chemviron’s grades of high purity activated carbons, plus our fleet of food-grade mobile carbon filters, are used to:
- Decolourise cane and beet sugar syrups, dextrose, fructose and other food-grade products.
- Decolourise and purify organic acids and amino acids from fermentation processes.
- Remove chlorine and ozone in industries using water to make beer, soft drinks and other beverages.
- Purify the carbon dioxide for use in carbonated drinks.
- Decaffeinate tea and coffee.
- Remove unwanted natural and harmful anthropogenic compounds from edible oils.
- Remove unwanted odour or colour compounds from glycerine.
- Remove unwanted taste/odour or colour compounds from a range of alcoholic beverages such as: wine, vodka, vermouth, beer.
- Purify fruit juices by removal of unwanted colour compounds or removal of mycotoxins such as Patulin in apple juice.
- Debitter food products or aroma.
- Recover high value molecules from agricultural products.
- Food colouring (E153).